Thursday, October 09, 2003

It's a beautiful day I heard everybody say
The sun shines down for all of us
Just the same you know I like the rain
That ain't so obvious
It's a beautiful sight I guess everybody's right
This day belongs to all of us
Even still I like with a chill
That ain't so obvious

We are the normal
We live and we die
With no reason why

It's a beautiful life and I've got it in my sights
And that ain't for all of us
It's a beautiful sound
My life comes crashing down
That ain't so obvious
It's a beautiful sin and I'm doing it again
And that ain't for all of us
It's a beautiful life and I've got it in my sights
Ain't that so obvious

We are the normal
We live and we die
With no reason why


yea i've not had two night's entry coz i was so tired so busy n basically, didnt hav much to write abt.

anyway, i think i can sum up three days' worth of thoughts into this i think will b a v long entry.

so we finished last proper day of sch. tomorrow is farewell assembly n a load of phototakin, goin out to the movies, dinner to sum up our last day of sch in our lives. its gonna b a smashin day, i can feel it. suddenly memories come flashin into my mind. the orientation, speaker's club, o level results, permanent class, joinin the council, promos, OBS, grad nite, our own orientation, interaction with the new first three months intakes, animal farm, trip to U.S., steppin down, brief time wif the cricket team, prelims, n here we r. those were major moments in my life i'll prob never forget.

but there r some thoughts still lingerin in my mind. there's always this case of 'wat if' i had done these things. firstly, if i really had gone to JC for academic reasons, i would hav gone to ACJC or PJC coz those two r the only JCs tt provide my first choice subject combination. tt's MC, Phy, Chem n Computing. but SA couldnt do tt. if not, i would hav taken FM. bein the case, i wouldnt hav joined a taxin activity like drama n council. but then, tt wouldnt hav been fun juz studyin. i might hav joined some obscure CCA to pass time while maintainin my studies. but i didnt do tt. coz experience in JC, or high sch, is invaluable. n if i ask me today whether i would hav traded those experience for gd grades n satisfaction of my subjects. but its juz a lingerin thought. Wat if...? ACJC is full of interestin ppl, i'm told. but there r downsides to it as well. PJC would hav been great too, coz my gd friends sch there, but is generally considered a sub standard sch, which i dont really care. but in SA, i hav met wif great individuals tt shaped my very character, my mindset. n one thing i wouldnt hav done elsewhere is to develop myself as whole by participatin in a whole lot of different stuff like emceein, debates, student leadership, acting, bein a sports man n at times cultural representative. these stuff i would hav never managed to achieve in ACJC, i'm led to believe. at the expense of my academic results, i gained all tt. n i cant ask for anythin more. tt's wat i wanted to do, tt's wat i got. besides, these r things i'll prob never get to do again. academic results, well, i'm goin to a place tt can offer a second chance. but i'll do my best in the comin ones.

one regret might b tt i didnt exactly get to know a whole load of ppl. i mean, by normal standards, i think ive gotten to know more than enough ppl through my various activities n all. but there r certain ppl i wish i was closer to, or get to know better than juz hi-bye relationship, or those who the closest u got to was juz an eye contact. ive had great friends no doubt. so much so i dont really wanna leave singapore juz coz of em. but life has to go on. i was tellin Adeline, Clarisse n Koustav today, tt i've gotten to know a lot of ppl, but very few i can truly consider gd friends, those who u can confide in, share ur probs, spend gd time together n all. i've only managed to develop a handful, which is enough, but i wanted to reach a level where i could b considered more than juz tt for many other ppl. mayb its juz the way i represent myself. mayb its the way i relate to ppl. mayb its coz of the way i look. i dunno. but its definately better than b4. i used to b considered aloof, proud, stuck up n all but ppl hav told me ive changed. i guess tts gd in a way.

o yea, there wasnt much romance in my life too. haha, askin for too much i guess. but i pretty had my mind set up. try not to get into anythin too serious. i'm leavin after JC. in fact, i tot i was leavin after O's so b4 tt, i was already v cold in terms of gettin intimate wif anyone. things might hav changed since then. i'm not too sure bt the situation now. but tt's a little too private issue tt only if ure my close friend, then u'll know of it.

but i'm happy. more than. i'm v content. i mean, how could i not b? i've pretty much led a life tt most teenagers would hav wanted. active in sch, i wont say i was famous, but i guess lot of ppl knew who i was n all, i was havin fun like any other ppl, i knew the 'popular' ones in sch, i was in quite a gd position in terms of CCAs n stuff n had a truly wonderful 2 yrs. well, gonna b soon.

JC life has taught me many things as well as lettin me experience new stuff. things like not doin ur work n attendin lessons, skippin lectures, goin off early so as to meet a friend, failin exams n not carin much abt it, not go to sch coz i dont feel like it, doin things tt would've definately got me into trouble, but managed to escape through tt, hangin around wif potential trouble, but learnin a great deal from em, n the list can go on n on.

but it has to end.

saturday mornin will mark the start of my war. i'll sit for my SAT I, then i'll start muggin for chem n maths, n at the same time preparin for SAT II n fillin up college application. i dont think i'll do too well for my A's but tt's not too essential considerin my case. but i'll face up to the challenge n see wat i can do abt it. it'll b a long long 1.5 mths, but i'll survive, or so i hope. i can do it, oh yes i can.

at this moment i would like to thank very certain individuals from SAJC, who has provided me with a great time. im writin as tho i'm dyin, but i'm not. n yea, if i do forget to put in ur name here, plz dont feel insulted or get angry. there r so many names in my head now i wont b surprised if i miss certain names. so plz accept my apologies.

A big big thank yous to
The 25th Student Council
02S57
All involved in Animal Farm
Speaker's Club
The Championship winning cricket team
ICS
and these special individuals: (not in any order of merit, juz typin as names come rollin into my mind);
Adeline, Ahmad Azizul, Allan, Alwyn, Arvinder, Candace, Chia How, Clarisse, Denise, Ervin, Evelyn, Glen, Harith, Hui, Iskandar, Jaime, Jennifer, Jessica, Jia Xian, Jonas, Joseph, Junli, Junwen, Kimberly, Koustav, Kuan Sian, Lauren, Lem, Lionel, Lokesh, Madeline, Marc, Marcus, Mark, Melvin, Merrilyn, Meyer, Natalie, Nolan, Perry, Praga, Roxanne, Shafiq, Stella, Suhannia, Sunny, Talib, Thash, Theresa, Tinaga, Utkarsh, Vasan, Victor, Vignesh, Wayne, Winfrid, Xiu Ming, Yan Wei, Yen Yen, Zeeshan, Zhan Xiang, Zhengwei, Zul n i know a many other more but i'm so sorry, theres too many names already! i'll add em as i recall who i've missed n all!

I'll dedicate a song to u all whether or not u've been named above or not. its a song called "Best Days" by a relatively unknown R&B-Jazz band from Denmark or Belgium, called 'Juice';

"Best Days" by Juice

Am I happy - maybe not
But I never wanna lose what I got
I wouldn't trade it for anything dear to my heart, oh no
You take the good times with the bad
How else would you know happy from sad
Sooner or later
You gonna have to finally look back

And you'll look back and see
What happened in between
And you'll appreciate
Each and every single day

The pop of the cork
And the cling of the glasses
We toast to the future
And we drink to the past
It might not be easy
But nevertheless
These are the best days (of our lives)

Sometimes the weather can be rain
But one day it will be sunny again
Without the clouds of life
It's just another sunny day

The pop of the cork
And the cling of the glasses
We toast to the future
And we drink to the past
It might not be easy
But nevertheless
These are the best days (of our lives)

These are the times
That I will never forget
These are the best days (of our lives)

And you'll look back and see
What happened in between
And you'll appreciate
Each and every single day

The pop of the cork
And the cling of the glasses
We toast to the future
And we drink to the past
It might not be easy
But nevertheless
These are the best days (of our lives)

It might not be easy
But nevertheless
These are the best days of our lives


So lets enjoy tomorrow n get up to tt studyin. after November, we can forget bt everythin!

No comments: