Monday, November 07, 2005

What a difference a day made

I thought this weekend was gonna suck, because I was feeling really
down after the tests and I had a watched this brilliant but very
depressing movie in the name of 'The Crime of Padre Amaro' (another
movie starring Gael Garcia Bernal and a heck of a movie.. Mexican
films are pretty awesome)

However, Saturday turned things around. For one, it was the fact that
both Newcastle and Georgia Tech won. Then, I got to spend some
quality time with friends, first at Andrew and Rich's birthday
cookout after the game, where I hanged around with friends who stayed in the same section in Glenn Dorm last year. Then, I hanged around
with my current buddies and watched 'Saw' (to scare/cheer up Phani)

Plus, my cousin gave me a call, and although the call was brief, I
think that really helped me out. I didn't know that while I was
talking to her, but thinking back at it, I probably really needed
that call. And I'm glad that she did, coz that basically turned
things around.

I hadn't slept well the night before, so by the end of it, I was
really tired, after a long and physical day. I happened to have a
good sleep, so that was pretty nice.

I also managed to catch 'Pas Sur La Bouche' (Not on The Lips), a French musical/comedy film starring the beautiful Audrey Tautou, which was surprisingly enjoyable.

I'm re-energized for the next week. I have a Computer Science test on tuesday and once I'm done with that, I guess I'll take it a little easy from there on.

1 comment:

Wei Fen said...

walid!!!
i miss u soooo much!
have u watched V for Vendetta yet?
btw, u shld check out Portman's pics in this month's German VOGUE. gorgeous B&W close ups of her face. u can find em on natalieportman.com
anyway, since u dont read female magazines...thought ud like to know that her real name is Natalie Hershlag. :)