Thursday, October 06, 2005

What do I want to say?

Have I mentioned that this semester has gone awfully bad? I have a Material Science and a Computer Science test next week, and those two will kick some serious ass. The mid-semester break follows that weekend and you probably have no idea how much I'm looking forward to that. There's the N.C. State game tomorrow in the Thursday night game and that's probably about the only thing that's keeping me alive right now. I was talking to Sandesh and he mentioned that while both Francesco and I, who were both working over the summer, kept saying that we could not wait to go back to school, now we're saying that we can't wait for the semester to be over and get back to our respective jobs. I really liked work life much much better. Maybe it's just my poor time management, maybe I'm not studying as much as I should be, or maybe I'm just not it. I've always known that I was never an all-A student. I'm the kind of student who's always among the top tier, but not quite making the cut at B+ average. I'm not smart, I know, coz saying that would be an insult to the really smart people I've met over the years. I work relatively hard, to attain what is necessary. However, not as much as I should, hence, averaging B's. It's always been like that. Whenever I  plan out a study schedule or an outline of an essay or a project, I plan assuming that I work at my full capability. But then again, we can't work at full capability for too long, which is why I always fall short of my 'master' plan and never quite manage to do what I mapped out in the first place. That has been my mistake for a long time. I tried to plan out things with maybe say 80% efficiency, but I always go a little higher. Had I followed my study pattern since the beginning of this semester, I shouldn't be in this position right now. But then, it might be a little too late. This fall break must be used properly to get back on track. It's gone haywire, seriously. I'm really ready to settle this semester with a 3.0 (a B average) and head back to work.

Blah, forget it. Not about to rant, it's not gonna help anything. I'll just make myself miserable by doing so.

'I need a little time to wake up, wake up... Hey... What's the story, morning glory? Hey... Need a little time to wake up, wake up."

No comments: