Friday, July 15, 2005

3 weeks to go

It's been pretty slow in the office, not much activity going on, so I've been working more on the long-term projects. There's going to be a big meeting in few weeks, which is pretty much the last big action I'll see before I end my work term and head back to Tech for Housing Staff training.
 
For some reason, I don't feel like going back to school. I really liked the working life. But then again, I want to get more classes done as well. I've been having a change of heart regarding my management certificate. All these while, it seemed like I was going to pursue the Finance certificate, but I've noticed I can take more interesting classes, which are offered more often, and end up getting the superbly interestingly named 'Engineering Entrepreneurship' certificate. Though I am not creative and original by all means, I'm not sure if it will be helpful in the long run, but since I am thinking of going back to B-School for my MBA, I thought it would be appropriate (since 1 in 10 Industrial Engineers end up being some sort of an executive board member, be it CEO, COO or CFO). Getting the Finance might get me interested in concentrating on Finance for my MBA and I could end up doing Financial Engineering, but then again, it's way too early to tell these stuff.
 
I'm just comforted by the fact that I will have plenty of time to make the decision. I'll see about my Material Science & Engineering classes. I know they probably will be the hardest classes I will take at Georgia Tech, and if I'm doing well and my interest sustains, I'll continue to progress for my Minor. If not, I'll stop short and obtain a Nanomaterials certificate. It's the least I can get using my electives, which are required anyway. I just don't want the extra classes to get the minor to hurt my GPA.
 
Talking about classes, I might end up taking the full 21 hours next semester. I took 19 last semester and it wasn't that bad. I was lucky that most were freshman/sophomore classes and they didn't require that much time. But then again, considering I was going for an interview or two for co-op every week for the second half of the semester, juggling two activities, dealing with James, having enough time to catch at least 2 movies every week, going out, managing to get at least 5-6 hours of sleep (I've not done an all-nighter at Tech yet) and getting a superb GPA, I think next semester, I have less things to distract me from taking 21 hours. I'll be living by myself, my own room, no job interviews to worry about, no one to distract me (unless they're residents) and one of the class is a pass/fail class (I just need above C to get credit) and one should be a discussions class, I really don't think it will be that bad. I've heard Environmental Science class is pretty easy, I've done a little of probability before, and Calculus 3 is an extention of Calculus 1 (just that this time it will involve differentiation/integration of 3 dimentional formulas), the main thing I need to be concerned with is dealing with Java and Materials Science. Doesn't seem too bad. I think I'll still have enough time to get my weekend movies to keep me alive. Housing shouldn't be too much of an issue.
 
Next year will be crucial. Really crucial. If I get past my second year the way I want it to go, my third and final year will be a breeze.
 
Managed to catch the Clint Eastwood 'The Man With No Name' Trilogy (also known as The 'Dollars' Trilogy). I'm not a big Western movie guy but they were pretty well done. Not something that blows me away though. I also caught 'Stigmata,' something I've tried to watch since god knows when. That was freaky, yet, kind of interesting. I like part mystery part religion movies that go into some myth and hidden message-oriented stories. Better on novels, but 'Stigmata' was interesting enough.
 
Newcastle's season starts Sunday at Slovakia against FK ZTS Dubnica in the Inter-Toto Cup. We've gotten rid of few players and recruiting some exciting talents. Maybe Souness might be able to turn things around. I better not be too hopeful, of the close to 8 years I've been supporting, I've seen enough that that is unlikely.
 
Nevertheless, it's great to get the footie season rolling yet again.

No comments: