Friday, March 25, 2005

somewhere... beyond the sea...

great.

its spring break, and while the majority of my friends are basking under the sun in temperature range from 80 to 90 fahrenheit somewhere in the central americas (except for jose, who's somewhere in canada) i am here, in chicago, in mid 30s, and guess what?

its snowing! yet again, in march, and we're only a week from april.

and its not that kind of light snow like it was in atlanta, its snowing pretty well. its starting to accumulate, and though it will melt by tomorrow, i cant help but feel this is a pretty cold spring break.

finally managed to catch 'before sunrise' and 'before sunset.' though i won't say the movies were fantastically specutacular, i am glad that marc recommended these movies to me, it was a pretty nice journey travelling with jesse and celine. i totally loved the ending of 'before sunset' where it ended abruptly with celine going 'baby, you're gonna miss your flight' and jesse just plainly going 'i know.'

also managed to catch 'hotel rwanda' which was awesomely captivating performance by don cheadle.

i have not really been reading my friends' blogs for a while, and i took some time to go through the ones that ive linked. i need to update and add a number of people to the list. and i did the unusual of going through friendster profiles of my friends, since people tend to update their profiles and pictures pretty frequently. sometimes its my only method of keeping up with what other people are up to, and how some are changing. ive been insanely busy this semester, and ive not really gotten around to just sitting down and writing a really long email to my close friends yet. anyway, judging from the blogs and the images (especially the clique bbq pictures on lem's blog), it clearly seems im missing out on a lot of things. i really wish i was back in singapore at times. some seems to have changed a lot, whereas some are still the same. nevertheless, time has passed. regardless on how my search for co-ops go, the next time i'm most likely (note the usage of the words, as its not a guarantee) to be in singapore is at the end of this year, which will be close to a year and a half since i was last in singapore. things will be so much different by then, but im really looking forward to that time. it's pretty crazy, i'll be almost halfway done with my college life, with a semester of internship under my belt, and maybe more involved on campus, and more a wise-ass than i am now.

i wished i could continue blogging, as i had number of things in my mind, but i must leave for a dinner, unfortunately.

"Somewhere beyond the sea,
Somewhere, waiting for me,
My lover stands on golden sands
And watches the ships that go sailing;

Somewhere beyond the sea,
He's (She's) there watching for me.
If I could fly like birds on high,
Then straight to his (her) arms I'd go sailing.

It's far beyond a star,
It's near beyond the moon,
I know beyond a doubt
My heart will lead me there soon.

We'll meet beyond the shore,
We'll kiss just as before.
Happy we'll be beyond the sea,
And never again I'll go sailing!"

No comments: