Saturday, July 24, 2004

the big two-oh

ive turned 20 as of this day.

im not a teenager anymore, im considered an adult from this day.

its no longer walid, but mr. neaz. it sounds weird to me.

no more 1 as the first figure of my age.

but its no big deal, coz it feels like any other ordinary day to me. i stopped caring for my birthday couple of years back. but its because of the people around me who make an effort to celebrate for me that still makes me keep track of my age.

considering the amount of fun i had, i'd rather be 18 forever. but then again, its not possible. most teenagers die to be older, but ive reached a stage where i die to remain young.

went out for dinner with junwen and junli, and we walked so much, felt real nice for me. from bugis to city hall, to suntec, to millenia walk where we filled our stomach full at outback. then walked to esplanade, fullerton, to the CBD, then back to city hall for a coffee, then lazed around while we waited for junli's relatives to pick her up. nice way to usher in the new decade. though we didnt do much, i felt like i was relaxing after a long time, with good friends. felt real great about it.

was surprised when i reached home that couple of my family friends were downstairs. supposedly they were at my place, on their way back home, but they wished me happy birthday anyway.

shout out goes to other people born on this day, notably my cousin naheen (how coincidental, albeit not of the same age), my neighbour ashwin and my favourite 'friends' character matt le blanc (joey)... happy birthday guys!

No comments: