Tuesday, October 28, 2003

SAT II Maths CII is really difficult, at least for me. its like half of the time i dunno wat the hell i'm supposed to do. but bein able to get half of the whole paper correct is considered above average, i found out. damn, this is really like those normal MC students gettin a feel of how an easy FM paper is like, kinda thing. this sucks. n i fear it'll b much much tougher. my initial thought that SAT II was gonna b simple, well, it isnt turnin out tt way. i underestimated.

it seems as if i'm gonna get another set of 600s for the three SAT II paper im takin. wats worse, i dunno how much break there will b in between. i suppose im the only crazy guy takin all three in one day. if its continuous, damn, i'm gonna screw whatever i'm sittin for as the last paper.

ah well.

ppl help me out here. this is wat they asked me in University of California application;
"How have you taken advantage of the educational opportunities you have had to prepare for college?"

i'm left to think, wat the hell is the qtn askin for? or, did SA hav anythin to prepare us? i juz cant think of any. there r three essays i gotta make. of the three, one can be 500 or 600 words. the other two, 200 words. i'm definately doin 200 words on tt one. 600 will be reserved for the second, where they ask me to tell them about my talent, experience, contribution or personal quality i hope to bring into UC. tt, 600 words might not be enough for me. i got a lot of things to brag about. i'm happy when they ask me qtn like tt coz then only i can use my often-weird background tt i got to impress these admission officers.

speakin of which, i'm at an advantaged side of the now infamous affirmative action. its like the total opposite case for singapore. coz of AM, i will get a better shot at gettin into some colleges. y? coz i'm a minority. so they'll look at me closely n see. n i'm a weird case too, so as everyone told me, they might strongly be attracted to my application, nevermind the scores for now. they hav a minimum quota to fill for minorities. whereas in sg, ironically, theres a maximum quota. haha, makes me laugh, really. we all know wat goes on in NUS medicine or law, where theres a limit on malays or indians. how contrastin.

ok, first day of fastin. i had to control my actions, but i'm gettin real lathargic n sleepy. i better go now.

No comments: