Monday, October 27, 2003

"Don't you know
They're talkin' bout a revolution
It sounds like a whisper
Don't you know
They're talkin' about a revolution
It sounds like a whisper

While they're standing in the welfare lines
Crying at the doorsteps of those armies of salvation
Wasting time in the unemployment lines
Sitting around waiting for a promotion"


now i feel fucked. woke up quite early to eat before fastin starts. couldnt start from day one yesterday coz my mom's alarm decided to stop on the all important first day, running out of batt. so when my mom woke up, she barey had time to eat for herself tt she forgot to wake me up. cant blame her. but i'm startin from today.

last yr i managed to complete the whole 30-31 days for the first time in my life n i was quite proud. i guess i wont b able to do tt this yr. got the A's. u noe wats bad abt fastin? its not bout not bein able to eat. the worst part is u cant even drink water. so it kinda hampers my work coz when i do work or study, i get thirsty real fast. so i gotta try to live around tt. my parents r totally forbiddin me from fastin the day before as well as on the day of exams. they think it'll affect my performance, not tt its gonna b much of a great deal. i think it makes u aware earlier in the day so u think better. non? ah well. but sleepin around 1 n wakin up near 5 really takes the energy outta u. so i went back to sleep at 6 n then woke up at 10. nvm, work still can b done. i'll try to do 4 maths paper today. can b done considerin theres no breakfast nor lunch. heh, its gd in someway.

juz b4 i went to sleep after last nite's entry, i was watchin the old friends on channel 5 n then later on, tt 70's show on starworld. last nite's episode somewhat made me feel better bout my screwed up SAT score. in tt 70's show, the characters were frantic about gettin 1030, 960, 800 n 1230. i totally forgot. majority of american students get 800-900 or somethin. i was caught in my own world of high expectation of singapore, where 1200 seems to b little n all. As they were tellin eachother, scores dont reflect our personality. n wats more i dont have to worry i guess. my score's considered well above average n there, ppl gettin 1200 or more is like a minority. i can still end up in top 50 colleges n work my way up from there. heh, at the end of the episode, i was thinkin, stupid me, this high expectation thing was the very thing i was makin a big issue of all the time n subconsciously i was drawn into it. i guess i hav to thank last nite's episode for makin things a little clearer.

oh shit. i juz realised. fastin means, no playin soccer for one whole month. dang. there goes my only form of excercise.

nvm.

hmmm i guess i havent had the patience to blog for the past few days. heres a recap. after fri nite talkin to junwen, sat was a mild day. rainin first half of day. then there was a birthday party for a girl livin in my estate. she invited me, so i guess it wouldnt b nice to reject tt. prob was tt i was like the only guy in my age group, well, tts if u dont count the birthday girl's sister who i hardly know. i always get the impression tt she's a little stuck up, but i guess its not fair to make tt statement since i dont even know her, let alone see her at all. didnt even know she was 17. she looks like 15, well, i cant speak much for myself as a 19 year old, so wth. so i went down n was practically standin doin nothin for the first hour, juz observin things n all. then they started servin things so i juz ate, not too much, but yea. had pizza after a long long time. first time since i went to US this june. i had gotten so sick of pizzas n sandwiches coz for the first 3 to 4 days of the 'driving', all we were eatin was bread n cheese stuff. mainly pizza n some spanish stuff. i tell ya, i didnt wanna see pizza for the rest of the trip. tt made me worry bt wat i'll b eatin when i go to uni there. hardly any variety in food. i guess tts another thing for another day.

yea, so the rest started playin soccer n all. as i was experiencin some backache after couple of days of heavy excercise, i didnt participate, but juz looked on as everyone played. then we jus sat down n talked. this may seem childish, me wastin time sittin around n talkin to kids quite younger than me, but i remember i used to hang around ppl who were much older than me n doin the things tt i am doin right now. i guess its my turn eh.

it so happened some ppl were lightin up firecrackers n stuff. as they had much more than enough, n there was nothin else to do, we decided to join in n blow up stuff. i re did my orientation 1 fireworks n it seemed much brighter tt day, mayb i was so close to it n it wasnt done in a cylinder. we had lotsa fun but the pain in the ass was the cleanin up. there were small stuff everywhere. tt took another long long time to clear up. n i guess i redeemed myself after the previous day's fracas by bein responsible n intuitive about gettin the mess cleared up n helpin the adults put back stuff n all. k bad record's clear for now. somehow or other i felt like i was back doin council stuff again. clearin up, cleanin up, makin sure everythin was in order, etc.

but i guess all these incidents over the festive weekend made me realise certain things n really made my feel settled down for serious studyin for the comin weeks. i'm pretty much back to the way i usually am for now. well, the next month may seem like the longest, it'll b over b4 i know it. n i'll b goin around partyin over various location n enjoyin myself.

cant wait.

No comments: