Saturday, September 27, 2003

"Gimme a little time,
Leave me alone a little while,
Maybe it's not too late,
not today, today, today, today, today...

I don't know how I'll feel,
tomorrow, tomorrow,
I don't know what to say,
tomorrow, tomorrow
Is a different day"


Hmm... I'm bloggin now as I'm listenin to my own mix of songs that i made prior to my visit to the states this june. I've gotta say its one of the best mix CD i've ever made. It contains the soulful voices of Maxwell, Norah Jones, Vanessa Carlton and John Mayer among others. Its basically a compilation of songs I consider 'lounge' n all. Those music you play after midnite when u're juz sittin wif ur mates n all or juz reflecting. since i'm reflectin now, it serves a great companion. n the lyrics to most of the songs r nice too. the one above is taken from Avril Lavigne's "Tomorrow."
I was just listening to Massive Attack's "Teardrop" as well as Norah Jone's "Come Away With Me" and that makes me feel really at peace.

Didnt watch the game last night. When I first woke up, it was 0230 hrs. Maths starts at 0300. So I went back to sleep. Next things, its 0525. Match's long finished. So I went back to sleep n woke up at 1100. Man, that wasnt gd. I had study plan for today n i blew the morning. it didnt help tt Newcastle lost, yet again, 2-3, this time a penalty goin against our way as supposedly Jenas committed a handball after being pushed by a player. Ah well, wats new.

I woke up feelin quite fucked. So i just sat down, had a quiet breakfast while readin the papers n chilled till 12. I was all set, but my body wasnt exactly functionin well, so took another hour to set stuff right. i think i put extra pressure on my arm durin the night coz i was feelin a nerve irritation on my right arm. it jus accumulates pain till i couldnt take it anymore. tt went off bit by bit n i finally got down for serious stuff. I'm quite happy tt i managed to do basic revision for thermal chemistry, electrochemistry, chemical n ionic equilibrium as well as reaction kinetics. Tt means in the past few nights, i've more or less done basic readin of inorganic n physical chem except juz for chemical bondin. i'm quite happy. but whether i've really learnt from them will b proven next wk when i attempt actual qtns. i might have to restudy electrochem. but all n all, gd productivity for today.

still feelin quite dazed n glum from yesterday, but couldve been shite worse. i guess the music n bloggin n some contacts in the net has made me feel a little better.

to get the physical jadedness out, played a little soccer. i didnt sweat like this for quite some time. pretty calm moves, flicks here n there. ive got a council match on 10th, but not sure whether i should play. i've got SAT the next morning n i dont wanna b tired followin the match. SAT verbal's bt concentration, a part i lacked which resulted in shit marks for verbal. i guess i'll see bout tt.

as usual, premiership weekend. gonna watch couple of matches tonight. usually i would take a break on sunday, but might do a little chem to finish up physical chem n some maths. mayb i should go get one french movie for the evening.

monday's gonna b another screwed up day. this time, i should get everythin back. mayb not chem. ah well y worry bt grades anymore, like it makes a diff.

"Live while you can,
Don't you see your dreams right in the palm of your hand
right in the palm of your hand,
right in the palm of your hand.

Just a day, just an ordinary day
Just tryin to get by"

No comments: