Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Back for the first time

I've contemplated for a while about blogging again for various reasons, but never got around to it. I thought, maybe I'll have a blog post here and there, then the initial desire to consistently post thoughts, opinions and general feeling will dissipate. I've gone through it before, where I feel the non-existent pressure of having to post something on a regular basis and soon, the passion dies off. (As evident by the blog history... 4 total posts in 2007-2010, 24 in 2006)

I've decided to get over that and post whenever I have something to post instead of keeping up on a schedule of sorts. After all, this is for personal and not something I'm doing to get paid and all (though if this were to eventually evolve into something like that... I don't know).

In any case, many of the reasons why I decided to kick-start his again stems from the fact that there's so many events and issues that I feel the need to address constructively, as opposed to being limited to the occasional Facebook or Twitter updates.

I actually had created a shadow blog that was private only to me to record personal thoughts that I felt the need to preserve without public exposure. I might take some pointers from the several posts I had there here future posts here.

Looking back at the shit I used to post primarily as a high school student and somewhat sparsely as an undergraduate is fun at times, but just reminds me of how inconsistent and immature I was.

But then again, that was many years ago. I'm not exactly sure what point I'm trying to make here. That you can try to run or hide from your past, but it'll always be there? Isn't that a line from one of Goo Goo Dolls' songs? (Yes... From the song 'Name' - "Scars are souvenirs you never lose , the past is never far")

Simply put, I want to start on a blank slate. Let's see where this goes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The title of this post is also a Ludicris album.
Shadow blog = diary
Welcome back.