Monday, January 02, 2006

Getting ready to go back

It's been pretty uneventful few days, just packing, meeting friends here and there. I don't really place much importance on new years and stuff as well. [Dammit, Middlesbrough just scored an equaliser.] It was nice seeing some of my close friends after a while, whereas some days were just wasted on being told that I was to help with the clearing of the furniture, which didn't happen.

I've been pretty unemotional about leaving this sunny island, probably for good this time round. Well, I'm here as a visitor this time, so that may be it. But the thought of not having any idea when I'll be here again or seeing my friends is something that's been bothering me. I've had mixed memories, but mostly good ones recently.

There's 2 more days. I'll be dropping by to check out the new SA Village and then some more gatherings that my parents were invited to. I didn't manage to meet my closest friends, but I guess that's something I have to deal with, due to situations. I'll make added effort to make sure I keep in regular touch with close friends

2006 is going to be interesting, because I'll be working 34 out of the 52 weeks as an intern. I'll only be studying full time over the summer semester, whereas I'll be taking online or distance learning classes while I'm working (I'm still working on what I'll take during the fall semester) I dropped by to the local branch of the company that I work for and talked to the boss here and that was pretty interesting.
Since I'll be working for the same company throughout my co-op involvement, this year will more or less be associated with work and what I learn from it, so I'm really looking forward to it.

Alright, back to watching the Newcastle game!

No comments: