Monday, December 19, 2005

Leaving for Singapore

Phew... It's been a long, hard semester. I really need a break. I think, that the reason why I think I did so bad this semester is probably due to burn out. Just thinking about it, I haven't really had a break since I started my life at Georgia Tech. While most people had a good summer break, I was working full time, and I didn't really have time to rest in between the transition, after I ended my first work semester, it was housing staff training straight away and then the semester. The grades are scheduled to be out later today, and I'm not looking forward to it, coz I know I did badly. There's nothing I can do but to sit down and take it. I managed to do the exams, but I'm not sure how it'll turn out. I just hope I didn't fail any classes. If there's anything, then it's that I've definitely learnt my lesson, and from now on, I'll make sure I won't make this mistake ever again.

My laptop met a freak accident while studying at the library. My friend, who was studying with me, tripped on the power cables, and that snapped the pin that connects into my PowerBook. The pin seems to be stuck in the PowerBook, and I can't take it out. I went to the Apple store, but they don't do repairs, so they redirected me to another place, but since I don't have a car, I guess I'll get the repair done in Singapore. So basically my PowerBook's out of power. That sucked.

I'm really looking forward to the trip, though it's going to be for less than 2 weeks. Great news is that Leisha, who studies in Emory, is probably going to be in the same flight all the way from Chicago to Singapore! I'm flying American Airlines, so I wasn't expecting any personal entertainment system, so I was dreading the long flight. I bought couple of good books to occupy myself, since I can't sleep, but heck, if Leisha's gonna be around, at least there's gonna be some company. What's better, her boyfriend, Greg, is coming to Singapore a week later, and probably will be on the same flight when I'm heading back to Atlanta, so there's another company.

I'll be touching down on the 22nd, slightly past midnight. Since I won't have a local number, for the time being, please contact me at -deleted-, leaving me your name, a number where you can be reached, and I'll try to get back to you as soon as I get a temporary SIM card.

I'll try to put up my travel log once again, look forward to that.

Okay, see you guys!

No comments: