Monday, October 31, 2005

The pace setter

The next 3 weeks will basically determined if I'll be slugging out
just to make a B average with 3.0, or be able to shoot for a B+ at
3.5, if lucky. This semester has really gone out of control.

I've had a horror of a Material Science test today, but somehow
hoping that there'll be a huge curve, like the other two, since it
seems like almost everyone I've talked to who are in that class has
said it was the hardest test of all. So the results of that will
determine if I can try for an A, or settle for a B, with a
possibility of a C if I do badly for the last test and the final exam.

On Thursday, I'm having the final Calculus 3 test before the final
exam, and this test, like the first, makes up for 25% of my final
grade. I did fairly well for the first one, surpassing my
expectations, and as if the cookie jar didn't seem tempting enough, I
started thinking like I could shoot for an A in this class. I'm more
prepared for this test than any of the other classes, but due to the
nature of the content, it could potentially go wrong. But this is
another one of those that will determine whether I can go for an A if
I do well on this, or settle for a high B.

Next week is probably the most crucial of all, with my final Computer
science test. It's mathematically impossible for me to get an A,
unless I get full marks on the next test and the final, and hope that
there's a huge curve on top of that. I need to average 82 on the next
and the final exam just to make a B. So obviously, it's crucial I do
well on this, and I haven't done that well on the tests so far. So
this will determine if I can still do well enough to get a B, or
settle for a C.

Then comes my Political Science and Probability class. Though I'm
taking the Political philosophy class as a pass/fail elective, it
doesn't mean I can just forget about studying it. It needs to be
sufficiently good enough to warrant a pass. I guess I'm okay, but
need to show that I actually am doing work for it by doing a little
better on the test. As for Probability, it is essential that I get an
A for the class, since 70% of it is stuff I learnt for the A Levels.
I'm not gonna let my Calculus 1 horror repeat itself. I made a stupid
error on my first test and that cost me a full marks, but I'm pretty
sure I can back it up, just sucks that I had to lose it to
carelessness and that could come back to haunt me later on.

Yep. As you can see, I'm in a bit of a race here. Should I increase
my pace so that the positioning becomes a little better, or should I
save the energy for the last lap? But if I do, then I'll burn out a
little faster during the last lap, but if I don't, it'll be harder to
catch back up.

I'm looking forward to thanksgiving break. A little too early, but
that's my motivation for the time being.

Please don't wish me luck, as luck can be simplified into a
probability, and I'm studying probability this semester and I know
more than enough to say that depending on probability isn't good at
this moment in time.

No comments: