Sunday, October 23, 2005

Great weekend

Sorry I haven't posted recently, aside from the sports scores. The
trip to Naperville was pretty good, I guess being there for just 4, 5
days is enough for me. Anything longer, kinda gets a little boring.
This was the first trip in a long while where the whole trip went
pretty much incident free. Usually the flight would be delayed, or
the baggage claim would be awfully long or something, but everything
went smooth, we actually landed earlier than scheduled. American
Airlines is pretty reliable for domestic travel I guess. So I'll be
flying American or Delta from now on. Since the fall break cut into
this week, that meant we only had 3 days worth of school, and
thankfully, there was no tests/assignments due this week, so I took
the liberty of sleeping as much as I could and watching as many
movies as I could. I even lost count of how many movies I saw this
weekend... 7, 8? But they were all class acts, so I'm very very
pleased. Let's see... what did I catch... 'Sling Blade,' 'The
Straight Story,' 'In The Mood For Love,' 'The Sweet Hereafter,'
'Batman Begins,' 'The Corporation,' 'Y Tu Mama Tambien.' I guess
that's about it... What's so cool is that GT is having an
International Film Festival this coming week, and they'll be
screening 3 French Films on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. The one
being screened on Thursday features my darling Audrey Tautou so I'm
pretty excited. I'll be doing a lot of work this week since I'll be
having another Material Science test and a Calculus Test, so a good
movie to wind down to at the end of a long day would be really
worthwhile.

Just wanted to mention... 'The Corporation,' the award winning
documentary about the effect that Corporations had to our lives and
everyone on Earth, is truly an eye opener. In fact, so much of it is
of grave concern, that I'm already having problems trying to
comprehend all of it. It's so heavy. And the fact that I'll most
probably have to work for one of those companies is a really scary
thought. On one hand, I could put my foot down and not be working for
them, but on the other hand, what kind of work would I be doing then?
Would I be deceiving myself by saying that work is work and personal
philosophy must be separated from work? It brings about a lot of
questions that are really tough to answer. Thankfully, I still have a
lot of time to think about these things and have a stand on this
issue by the time I seek employment. It was indeed a great
documentary, and I'm really glad that I caught it.

No comments: