Wednesday, October 26, 2005

AUDIOSLAVE!

Oh my god. The Audioslave gig was probably the best gig I could have ever attended. I thought it would be a great affair, but it went way beyond that with wonderful performances. It was a great thing, coz we basically got to see 4 bands in Seether and Audioslave, since Audioslave is 1/4 Soundgarden and 3/4 Rage Against The Machine. Everything was going well for me until the last 3 tracks, which completely blew everyone away with Rage's 'Killing In The Name,' 'Show Me How To Live' and 'Cochise.' Those 3 tracks were killers, especially 'Killing In The Name' because I seriously didn't expect they'd play that song, since it's not a Chris Cornell type, but he pulled it off amazingly.

Okay, photo time!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Opening act, Seether. I only knew the song 'Broken' by them, since I don't listen to them. The lighters are really nice.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Seether once again...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Started off with 'Your Time Has Come'... honestly.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
They really did well with the background images, simple, yet, extremely effective.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Ex-Soundgarden and now Audioslave frontman Chris Cornell rocking it out.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Ex-Rage Against The Machine genuis and lead guitarist, Tom Morello. He has got to be one of the most creative guitarist around. Have you heard the sound he makes?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Tom Morello again... Oh, not only is he an amazing Guitarist, to top that off, he graduated from Harvard, majoring in Sociology. You gotta have respect for this man.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Time for some RAGE!!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Chris Cornell's acoustic rendition of Soundgarden's most widely known song, 'Black Hole Sun.' He pulled off some amazing solos with acoustics of 'I Am The Highway' among others.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Back to Audioslave at its finest.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This picture pretty much says how it was that night. It's now my wallpaper. Only wish it was a little more clearer.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Let's give it up one more time for the man, Tom Morello.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Ending with 'Cochise'

I took some videos with my digital camera and it came out surprisingly well, with clear sounds. The videos that I took for Oasis and Coldplay had some audio issues, but this was amazing. Audioslave also happened to play a yet untitled track thay they came up with just the night before that they're planning to put it out in their next album, so recording a bit of that was a plus.

Regardless, it was one heck of a concert, and I'm hoping that they come around again soon, coz I'll definitely be there.

Oh, and guess what. I kept telling my buddies which two songs that they were gonna start and end with, and I got it spot on with 'Your Time Has Come' and 'Cochise' respectively. How awesome is that?

No comments: