Friday, August 26, 2005

Going to Auburn!

After a few days of uncertainty, I managed to get the ticket to the
Auburn vs GT football season opener game.

What happened was that there was a lottery for the tickets, since its
an away game and there are limited number of tickets. Some 2000
people signed up, apparently. But what these people didn't know was
that they needed to pay $50 (it's expensive, but GT's one of the
cheaper few with $38) for the tickets. So a lot of people didn't buy
the tickets. Leaving the other people who didn't win the lottery to
buy them. Some people I know planned to go for this since the summer,
so I planned to go with them. I didn't realize their means of going
meant applying for the lottery (I know, its stupid) so I freaked out
when I found out that I needed to apply in order to get the tickets.

So I woke up early this morning to go to the ticket booth, hoping
that they will sell whatever remaining tickets they have unsold, and
found out that I needed the failed lottery to buy, even though they
had many unsold. I frantically went about for anyone who applied for
the lottery but didn't want to go (chances are slim) but fortunately,
Gautam's roommate had it. Only that when I went to him asking if I
could have it, it was torn up and in the trash. It wasn't in bad
condition, so I picked up the pieces, went downstairs to the Housing
office and patched it up, hoping the Athletic Association ticket
booth will take it. The guy didn't even look and asked for the 50
bucks, which I gave, and got my tickets!

The trip is going to be fun. Many GT fans think we have a good shot
at an upset, but I honestly don't know too much about football to
predict those sort of things. But it'll be a great road trip
nevertheless.

I signed up for SWARM last night. SWARM is basically the fan's
section, where we sign up to be on a special section where all the
enthusiastic supporters are. I'm not a big football fan, but I
figured I might as well get in on the fun since it's only fun when
you're in college and I only have 3 more years of it.

Auburn, Alabama. It'll be fun. September 3rd, can't wait.

No comments: