Monday, July 18, 2005

Me and my pulled neck muscle (or shoulder, whatever)

I woke up yesterday, and as I was going to brush my teeth, I pulled my neck muscle. I don't remember swinging my head quickly, so I was surprised as how that was strong enough that it pulled the muscle. Whatever it is, it hurt like hell. I've had this before, and it usually went away in a matter of few hours.
 
Not this one. I hope it isnt a tear (if it could happen, I honestly don't know). It sucks, coz now its painful no matter what I do, whether its sitting, standing, even laying on the bed. When I went to grocery shopping with Francesco, I felt like a retard, hunched over somewhat, trying hard to reach stuff in the shelves of the supermarket.
 
I thought's it'd go away after a good night's sleep. Turns out, it got worse. I'm the type that has to move from one side to another and it was extremely difficult due to the pain. I think, somewhere along in the sleep, I stopped doing so, and as a result, I felt like shit when I woke up, I felt as if I hadn't even slept.
 
And when I tried to brush my teeth, or try to change, it was just a torture. It's gotten slightly better as compared to how it was in the morning, but it's still there. And it sucks, coz now, because of the way I position my body and my head to minimize the pain, it's putting a lot of pressure to my shoulders and that hurts as well. And there's no way to rest my shoulders, except to go to sleep.
 
Dammit.
 
Watched 'The Replacements' and 'Rules of Engagement' yesterday, finally starting to watch the movies that's been stored in my PowerBook since Spring semester. I'm clearing out the lower rated ones before the longer and the better ones. I wanted to watch 'Friday Night Lights' but it was of horrible quality, I'll go download it from BitTorrent and see how that goes. So I started watching this English Indian film that my cousin had mentioned and recommened few months back 'Kama Sutra.' It's not like what the title suggests, it's actually pretty well made, by the time I got to the hour mark, I felt it was pretty late, so I'll continue with the second half after I get back today. It's a rare Indian film as it contains nudity, and as it is well known, there is never nudity in Indian films. Well, except for artistic ones probably.
 
I think it was some American Indian film where this guy was talking about the irony of Indian films, as he brought up the fact that it was India that came up with the Kama Sutra, but in their mass entertainment films, the leads never kiss eachother on their lips, let alone show any sexual scenes. It's considered a sin. As a matter of fact, this film is banned in India and Pakistan as I know it due to its explicit scenes. It wasn't too long ago where a theatre was burnt down because a film themed around homosexuality was screened.
 
It's all for art, and for art's sake, I don't have a problem with it, if the scene or the theme is necessary to convey the point. I've seen some really screwed up films, but the nudity sometimes makes me question if its needed, because sometimes, it's pretty evident it's not necessary. However, I think, that the environment is such that it's become part of the film culture. No matter how insignificant the scene may be.
 
I gotta go, I don't want to be missing the hourly bus. I don't want to be walking to the rail station with my strained neck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hope ur neck is feeling better today!
its already Thursday!
it'd better be!

-jw

p.s: btw, i sent u a card. i know its late! but i hope it'll reach you in a week or two!