Sunday, May 08, 2005

so long Glenn 242

i've officially left my 'home' for my freshman year at tech. i've technically moved all my stuff into chi psi, but the previous occupant of the room has yet to move all his things out, so ive not really moved into the room i'll be living in over the summer.

im really tired from moving everything out, going up and down the stairs and loading and unloading everything. but im glad that's done for now. i hope, that by the time i come back next week, everything will be set.

its strange now to think that i spent more time in my dorm room than i have spent in the naperville home. where do i call home now?

after sorting what i will be bringing back to naperville, i hanged with scott, no longer as his resident, but as a fellow tech student. we tried to catch the kentucky derby, and while waiting to do so, i fell asleep for a while, due to the several really late nights and the arduous physical work. by the time we got food from the housing staff's table, we had just missed the derby. i dont follow horse racing, so im not sure about the magnitude of today's importance, but a horse that was tipped with 50-1 won, making it the second biggest upset in history.

after hanging around for a while, we went up to jacob's room and watched the movie 'go' which was really interesting. its one of those multi-scenario films, so you can tell that i loved it. and this was funny as well.

im checking my grades prematurely and it might be bad omen, but im pleased that i have scored As for both English and Computer Science, and a B for Material Science. i already know im getting As for Calculus and Economics, one last one to be revealed is my Japanese, and I hope that my final project wasn't weak. i had to do it all in a rush with the finals, so i hope that wouldn't be the one that will give me a B. if i do manage with an A though, it will be fantastic. I could not expect an A for MSE, since i missed some crucial lectures with the whole ear thing and i did not study as much as i should have for Professor Gerhardt's tests. even then, they were pretty hard, so i probably wouldn't have scored an A anyway.

that leaves me with a GPA of 3.84 for this semester. retaining dean's list and increasing my overall average to 3.48. fantastic. and to think that I was just one A away from being on the Faculty Honor. but I'm not feeling remorseful about that.

i suddenly had this urge to delay my graduation, with a study abroad to give me some nice time before i graduate. if i were to do that, then i will be allowing myself to lessen my courseload and that will allow me to do more useful things as well. hell, i might even manage to cram in enough hours to land me a double minor. that would be terrific. and i could do an extra co-op term too, which wouldn't be too bad. but this is so ahead in the future, i probably shouldnt get too excited about it. just leave it in the back of my head as an idea for now.

im feeling really good. today was a pretty good day. im leaving for naperville tomorrow, so this will be my last entry for this semester, but expect a lot of blogging over the week, and especially the summer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello! surprise surprise! i haven't been reading ya blog lately. anyway, glad to know that everything sounds good, especially for your academic results! take care ya? :)