Tuesday, May 31, 2005

my first paycheck

i apologize once again for not blogging more. i don't blog at work, and once i'm back, i usually head out for dinner, and by the time i come back, i do the usual ironing of my work attire and then shower, after which i go to sleep, to prepare for a long day. and the process repeats.

this weekend, however, was a memorial day weekend, which meant i got the monday off, since it was a federal holiday. most of the guys at chi psi were gone, so i thought i would get some private time to just listen to music and read up. however, i spent pretty much most of my weekend with other friends who were staying primarily in the west campus.

friday night, i was supposed to go play soccer for a while, but the laundry machine was jacking up on me and the fact that i didnt have anything to change into prevented me from playing. i did join them later at night to go have dinner, and we just sat and watch TV at Sandesh's place for the night, watching the movie about how the Hustler magazine came into being. the next day, there was the game between England and the States, so i headed over to Sandesh's room to watch it with Scott. we played soccer later on, and all of us were pretty shagged after that, that having not played soccer for over a semester. so obviously my feet and my whole body was aching, as we played for almost 3 hours. the worst part about hanging around on a weekend like this is that we don't have plans for anything, and i find it very hard to live without a plan. whenever i decide to plan something, no one really wanted to do anything, or wasn't really inclined to planning, but doing things at the spur of the moment, so i could say that it was a weekend wasted, almost. but i did get plenty of sleep and rest, so i wasn't complaining.

Scott came over on Sunday and I finally managed to sit through the entire 'The Godfather' movie. i've been wanting to finish watching the whole series for ages, but the length and the pace of it always prevented me from doing so. though im not going to praise the movie like every other person would, i do agree that it is pretty much a perfect film, though not completely of my liking. i watched part II on monday, and that probably was the second longest film ive seen after The Return of The King, but that was pretty good as well. i'll try to spread out Part III over this week, as there is no way that i can sit through a 3 hour film after work.

i got my first paycheck today and that was a weird feeling, because its already been 2 weeks since i started working and that seemed like some time ago. and also because it seemed way too easy, to earn that sum, which is actually quite a lot, sometimes i feel like im being overpaid. but to think that ive earned that much at this moment in time, with millions others in atlanta having to work so hard to earn an equivalent sum makes me wonder about a lot of things. a weird feeling, really.

dinner's here, i must go, til next week.

P.S. i leave my MSN and AIM online while working, so you can drop me messages if you see me online. might take some time to reply, but if i'm online, it means im there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

'Return of the King' & 'The Godfather' are certainly must sees!
-grinz- and i know what you mean when you say you get home and sleep!

Work gets so tiring nowadays...
-tonguez out-

Hope you're eating well! and not having to eat @ the cafeteria every day!

-jw

Anonymous said...

Waliddd!!! My most favorite GT guy (ehm, how many do I know?) lol. I love your blog. But I can't ever put you on my xanga list, it's sad. I guess blogspot and xanga aren't exactly related at some point.
Thanks for always keeping my head and reason straight all these times, sometimes you do get carried away by your society.
But anyway, Phantom of the Opera it is, right? when we come back from break.. :-D