Sunday, October 03, 2004

at club 318

im at club 318, and im surprised im getting wireless connection here. well, im losing it time to time, but its good enough for now.

jame's room mate is here from south carolina, so i had to give up my room for the night, or maybe two. so i decided to stay at club 318 upstairs, which is tecnically tom and nate's room.

anyway...

we're screwed tomorrow for the football game. its against no.5 miami. we're probably done for, but i hope there's a miracle to make things work.

on a more serious note, i realized i can graduate in 3 flat years if i work my ass off and do nothing else. i'll have to cram 16 hours every semester, maybe a little more to compensate for one summer semester (16 is max during summer, 21 on other sessions) to pull it through. heck, everyone needs to go through a semester or two of 17 or 18 hours.

anyway, im not sure why i would want to do that. maybe its because i want to get education done and over with? maybe the tuition rise in tech is a factor to consider, i mean, two years is almost US$50k.

the only thing why i would try to do 5 years is to stretch is out a little so that i can get 5 semesters of co-op under my belt, get a major, a minor, a certificate and tons of leadership experience. obviously, i'll come out highly qualified, but either way, im intending to do my MBA anyway, which, after graduation, might put all my undergrad experiences to not much use.

so its a big dilemma.

going away from academics, i realized ive been listening to a whole lot of british rock bands, far more than usual. i didnt realize it til i checked my iPod's top 25 played songs and discovered that Oasis, Coldplay, Keane and Radiohead made up most of them. Somehow or other, their lyrics and tone appeals a lot to me. and a lot of lines i can identify myself with. for example, in Keane's 'Somewhere Only We Know', it mentions,

'And if you have a minute, why don't we go, talk about it somewhere only we know'

or

'o simple things, where have you gone?'

to tell you honestly, ive been listening to that song on repeat every morning before my calculus classes, if not, i'll play 'Don't Look Back in Anger' by Oasis, also on repeat. and lately, i've been listening to a lot of Coldplay at night too.

maybe its because of a certain longing. a longing i cannot discuss here. i think that is the most probably reason for it.

but whatever it is, as my room mate commented recently, when im listening to their music, i trance into a world of my own, not realizing that james is talking to me. that is the kind of mental state ive been in these few days.

i guess everyone realizes that there isnt much organization to my blog entries. thats coz i type whatever that comes to my mind, like a real journal entry. some people like to see my point made clear, or at least a flow to my commentary. im sorry, if i were doing that, i'd quit blogging a long time ago. thats why i hate writing, and i wouldnt wanna be doing something that i detest.

im just going to chill down to these bands for the night. and let my mind relax after a long tiring week.

No comments: