Friday, September 24, 2004

neat surprise

have i mentioned i love fridays?

now i love it more. as i was listening to some music, james points out that the phone was ringing (i didnt notice, the ringer's too soft, gotta replace the phone) so i stopped listening to lenny kravitz and picked up the phone.

the person asked for me and said that she was from toyota.

my heart jumps.

and then she breaks the news: they want a phone interview with me next week.

i jumped. i seriously did.

the chances of a freshman getting picked up by a major company like toyota, let alone being an undecided engineer, is oh so slim. but they're giving me a shot. next tuesday. im going to run after my english class back to the room. i better get reception on my handphone, if not, i gotta call through the room phone.

this is very unexpected and it just brightened up my day. i guess i am looking to a working term in the summer of 2005 afterall. if this works out well, i could be staying with them for further semester.

i am overjoyed. i better not screw up the interview, i just can't. its too big an opportunity to pass.

No comments: