Thursday, August 26, 2004

to relieve some time

i dropped international affairs today.

sadly, it's already the second week, so this will show on my end of semester transcript as being graded 'W' - Withdrawed.

there was just tons of reading for me. so much so, i could not finish reading, and readings kept piling up. I'm an engineering student dammit, and I had like 4 reading classes; history, international affairs, health and english. so i dropped it. it takes a huge load off my back, really.

so i'm back to 14 hours. that's regarded as normal courseload. i must've been crazy to get away with 17. now all the heavy reading i have are history and health. finally i can get to some actual studying. (yes, there was so much to read that i had no time to review what i had read to start studying, reading is just preparation for class)

plus the fact that i'm holding a position at delta sig and i just submitted a form to run for president of the hall council for Glenn House, i think 14 hours will work out for me. the ones i need to study are history, health and english. calculus 1, intro to engineering and gt1000 will take care of itself.

i have to go request to sit for japanese exams, to get 6 hours humanities credit and further 6 hours for my minor. i hope i get that. if i do, then all i need to do is to sit for a single class at tech and go for study abroad and i'll get my minor. that isnt much time. i was talking to couple of friends today and i might actually be able to get a certificate in something else if i manage my classes right. certificate programs are only 12 hours, which should roughly take about 2 years. now i gotta shortlist what i could take.

i should be getting my powerbook tomorrow. and going to the atlanta braves baseball game. they're doing pretty well at the moment, at the top of NL East.

and i can wake up an hour later from tommorrow, since im no longer taking international affairs.

No comments: