Wednesday, August 18, 2004

frat bid

i remember the time when i vowed to myself that i will never involve myself so heavily in school anymore, so that my academics wont suffer.

im about to break that vow today.

i got a bid from one of the frats, cant specify which one, and it feels great. it was funny coz james, tom, nate and i went out together, only for james to go alone after two visitd and the rest of us went to check the others out. ironically all three of us got bid from the same frat, tom accepted, nate and i will hold on for a while before acceptance. i was really surprised coz i didnt think that i'll get a bid, and i thought i had my eyes set on two other frats. but i talked to a whole lot more people this time and the guys were really great. i gotta settle the financial issue first, but as i talked to my dad later on, i think joining this frat will have a lot of advantages in the long run.

so one of my goals in tech is about to be completed. maybe two. i might take up part timing at barnes and noble. also, i forgot that the study abroad program will require me to pay the in-state tuition fee, so my goal for a minor is back on. undergrad research, that remains to be seen. what else... a possible leadership role, and maybe a sport, im not sure. drama seems real nice here though.

i got a cool english teacher. he's a movie critique, and not only that, unlike other classes, his classes take on democracy, and he clearly outlined that we'll be basing our discussions on the upcoming elections which made me real happy. math lecturer seems good too and i think i might end up taking calculus 1 afterall.

there are so many things happening, but its all going good.

and the tech guy at barnes and noble advised me to get the 12" powerbook instead of the 14" ibook coz my hands are smaller and it fits better. personally, i like the metal feel of it too. ibook might crack, i fear.

i spent like 300 bucks on textbooks today. and that isnt like all the books for the first semester. its nuts. and some werent even new, i got used books and it still cost that much. its crazy.

i gotta go read up on my health and psychology books. since i couldnt get the required history one, im so going to be lost tomorrow. as if having problems with following along with the southern accent wasnt bad enough. i gotta sit right infront of him tomorrow.

No comments: