Friday, June 04, 2004

random visits

i must say i was surprised to see that right after i posted the previous entry, which was about me talking about whether religion used fear to bind followers to continue believing in it, i had two unique visitors who left messages on my tag board.

i think its blogger's partnership with google. i think our blogs are so easy to locate, or be one of the results of a search with the simplest of the right keywords. its scary in a sense, i have no idea who might be reading it.

then i went to my netstat basic page. to find i had visits from someone who was in the Texas A&M University -Commerce, Cornell University among other universities. not to mention so many other US networks.

so now this blog is easy to track, be listed, blah blah blah. it was helpful when a certain person named 'dave' left some references for me so that i can read up on the issue, but kinda worried when someone who left the name as 'be' left a link to another blog, which seems to be a site that compares the quran and the bible. i have yet to read in detail, but what scared me was that the person seemed to know us? i say this because that person left the exact same message on my brother's blog too. i dont think i've mentioned specifically who my brother or what my brother's name was, so it would be or should i say should be difficult for a random visitor to find out which one of the links i have on this page was my brother's, unless the person knew my surname, of course. that can be obtained from this page, but why would anyone wanna search for it and post the exact same message?

i wish the person could have left what he/she implied by leaving the message. if you're seeing this, please let me know. im open to opinions, just to let you know.

No comments: