Saturday, April 10, 2004

as i was watchin some music shows on tv, i felt like reflectin on my own musical influences.

believe it or not, the first few english songs i started listenin to were simply red n scatman jones (oh my, it almost embarrasses me to think tt i used to listen to him.)

but then again, at tt time, the radio i heard on the bus tt i used to board when i used to go to UWC was the only time i listened to music. n i could only catch the names of those two artists.

then came the revolution.

puff daddy, reelin from the death of his best friend, Christopher 'Biggie Smalls' Wallace, also very well known as the Notorious B.I.G., came up wit a cover of Sting's smash hit n released 'I'll Be Missing You,' which remains one of my favourite songs to this date.

then i went through so many musical genre changes. Hardcore Rap, general hiphop, mainstream pop, top 40s, R&B, Alternative, Latin, etc, etc, etc...

n it ends up wit Soul/Urban/Acid-Jazz/Lounge, whatever we call it. in fact, im not sure how i can describe this particular genre. its a mix of so many.

anyway, juz tot i make a list of my all time favourites, in no particular order.

Puff Daddy feat Faith Evans & 112 - I'll Be Missing You
112 - Your Letter
Maxwell - Fortunate/This Woman's Work
Rage Against The Machine - Wake Up/Guerilla Radio
Lauryn Hill - Ex-Factor/Doo Wop (That Thing)
Goo Goo Dolls - Name/Black Balloon
Shakira - Ojos Asi
Lenny Kravitz - Again/Are You Gonna Go My Way
Tracy Chapman - Give Me One Reason/Fast Car
Coldplay - Trouble/Yellow
Norah Jones - Come Away With Me/More Than This

the prob is, i tend to always miss out somethin. i know ive missed out couple of songs, but this is wat i can come up wit for now n its a pretty decent list.

No comments: