Sunday, November 02, 2003

hmmm, had gd day thinkin n sortin things out for the years to come. now tt i'm done wit SAT II, which kinda sucked, i feel. Writing, well, i'm not confident of scorin tt, maths was simpler than the ones i was practisin with, physics was too much of general detail n knowledge. but i guess it'll b ok. not too bad. besides, SAT II will only make a diff in top unis. Its more or less a supplement info than a requirement, i guess.

well, talkin bt unis, i think i've prepared myself mentally. since my SAT score isnt too gd, tt strikes off the top few unis. i'm almost certain i wont get into cornell, upenn n carnegie mellon now. i'm almost out of the race for berkeley, USC n michigan. tt leaves out the odd few public unis. Texas, Illinois n Massachusetts. but i guess i should b happy to know that tuition fees in these schools are about half of wat is required in top unis. most of these public would require US$ 20k or at max 23k per yr. top unis would require like 40k to 45k per yr. tt's a lot of money. n wats gd? some public unis like texas, illinois n michigan's engineerin program is better than those at top unis. so i got everythin to gain. at the most, i'll transfer to ivy leagues after 2 yrs. supposedly the name of ur bachelors does make a difference when we apply to work. tts an advice from my uncle. so get gd background knowledge in low profiled but gd programmed unis, then finish the cut wit Ivy. If I'm transferin, then the only unis i consider r MIT, cornell, stanford, Cal Tech n princeton. only those unis have better, if not equal grade for their programs.

Another factor might b weather. since i've been livin in singapore for so long, i think i wont b able to take the winter. so tt definately strikes out new england area, chicago, michigan, indiana n wisconsin. unless i'm willin to bear through the weather tt is. so tts gd for me. tt leaves me with either goin to California or Texas. my dad tells me texas weather is more or less like Singapore, if not hotter. tt's gd news. Tt means i can look very hopefully n prospectively at San Diego, Los Angeles n Texas. N I feel like I wanna go there. Ooh, its gonna b so exciting. I cant hardly wait.

and theres the plan n goal of doin well enough to enroll into graduate sch to do MBA. If MBA, then we better be talkin bt Chicago or UPenn. those two r juz it. they're the best in the field.

yea so when i say the future looks gd for me, u better believe me. n these schs dont require academic perfection or supremacy. tts wat i juz love.

yep, but i got all the time in the world to dream n wonder. right now, better focus on wats ahead of me. n tts the A's. ive got a wk to sort everythin out n make sure i do alrite. its juz 4 more wks to freedom n play time. i'm so gonna do it. its make it or break it. either way, i'm gonna go on.

these thoughts make me believe that i can do it.

No comments: