Tuesday, October 14, 2003

"Cuz when a woman's fed up
(No matter how you beg, no)
It ain't nothing you can do about it
(Nothing you can do about it)
It's like running out of love
(No matter what you say, no)
And then it's too late to talk about it
(Too late to talk about it)
You can cry a river
'Till an ocean starts to form, yeah
But she will always remember
Cuz she's a woman scorned
And if you ever get her back
It will never be the same
She's cuttin' the corners of her eyes
Every time she see your face
Now your trust is out the door
She don't want you no more
You used to tell your boys, not me
And she would always be there for you
If you had took the time to see
What that woman meant to you
Is what the mirror said to me, whoa
She was raised in Illinois
Right outside of Chicago
Some of the best cookin' you ever had
Yes, it was and I miss her
Hey woman, if you're listening
I said I miss you baby"


Chem prac was such a slap in the face today. who would've expected us to identify functional groups instead of the usual ions? i mean, durin the two hrs tt we had to waste while in quarantine, i almost memorised the god darn anion/cation table n was all ready for anythin. but once i was stumped off-course, i totally lost everythin! as usual, my inability to comprehend organic chemistry has led to my demise. sigh. like tt how? even if i work hard C is gettin further n further away from me. might as well juz concentrate on phy n maths tt can sure do well if enough time is spent on it. but no.... gotta do it. VA n PA wasnt too bad. only complain i can say bt VA is tt how the hell do we know how much do we have to swirl till the solution becomes colourless. if u want it to b colourless after few seconds, then the readin will b near 27. but many got like 25 or somethin. i was tryin out a fourth titration juz to make sure n when i stopped at 26 n swirled for bt 2 mins or so, it became colourless. WTH!!! so it depends on how long u swirl too? how r we expected to know such stuff when instruction tells us to add a drop, swirl for 'few seconds' n continue? i was quite pissed at the end of my fourth titration coz the results i had so far was 27 for rough, then 26.7, 26.6 n then now suddenly 26 coz of my sixth sense tt i was wrong somehow. i was like, wat the feck, juz put my consistent result! afterwards my PJC friend told me tt her tutor's readin was 26.5. so i was like heh, how come most in SA near 25 then? well.... chem pracs... never sure... PA was rather simple, 'I THINK'. if i didnt do anythin wrong, tt is. Thermochem I've more or less got it inside out, so i was rather ok wif it. design wasnt too bad i guess. but QA, my QA. 'FA6 is an Organic solid.' I was straight away like, shyte... the only organic compound i remembered comin across was some ethanoic acid or somethin tt was in our notes. other than tt, i had no clue was i was supposed to deduce. i guess reactions usin ethanol n formation of those white crystal like substances, which i was amazed to b juz lookin at for a while, was supposed to b the clue. but heck, i hav yet to touch organic, so i got only myself to blame if tt was straight forward deduction. after tt i was quite pissed already, so naturally, the QA design prac went bad, coz i couldnt differentiate since all were formin white ppt. i couldnt b bothered to find out which was soluble or insoluble in excess to determine the identities.

feck. feck it. chem is a goner. i can still try somehow to do well for written, but wat r the chances. ah well, whether i do well or not doesnt really make significant impact, so i guess i'll juz do wat i can.

Monday night... yea, tt's when I talked to Junwen's gf, Nicole, who's in SF. Its kinda buddy promise I made to him. while he's in NS, i'll try my best to check to see if everythin's all right wif her n all. i mean its the least i can do for a bud who's inside camp n cant do much else unless he's outside. over the phone, she seems pretty nice n fun to talk to. we talked bt the usual stuff, like wat she was doin in sch n stuff. since i might b in California in less than a yr, i asked her stuff so tt i could roughly gauge wat i should expect n all. accordin to her, pace is slow, but a lot of work. which makes u capitalize on wat u learn at tt pt. so in the end, u're damn gd at one thing. i guess tt's gd, compared to her, where we learn n then move off to new stuff. we talked bt other stuff as well n i guess Junwen wouldnt hav to worry too much while he's in NS. she seems to carry herself quite well. by usual standards, i would've objected to callin her since i'm not a phone person n askin me to talk to a person i dont even know would hav been deemed outrageous, but he's done me few favours, its my turn to do him mine. But its like first time i've actually done this kinda thing. felt quite weird talkin to her like it was someone i knew, well, i actually know her from Junwen but considerin i've never met her nor talked to her b4, i guess tt was weird enough. but we did it. it was ok, we got on quite well, i think. juz gotta do it time to time then i guess it'll b juz normal n natural to us. juz takes time.

wat else...

beckham missed tt horrendous penalty. i dun giv a shyte whether he slipped, tt was bad! my god, wat was he doin! but i guess it worked out for both sides in the end. juz a pity the tension between england n turkey got worse. poor fella Alpay might b driven out of english soccer coz of this. its not his fault. he only said stuff to beckham, its tt brylcreem boy who stuck his head against Alpay's face tt caused everythin to go wrong. ah well. footballers should learn to use more of the sense up there. such easily irritable ppl.

o i cut my hair on monday. my mom doesnt like it at all. she's like, 'why did u cut so short! i can totally see ur scalp from anywhere! why do u want to somethin like tt to ur hair!' but i feel gd havin short hair. while i was cuttin, i was hopin i could get a haircut 'Adrian Mutu' style. tt very short, almost bald, yet not bald hair. kinda like marine cut. but mine's pretty close to tt. my classmates were commentin whether i was gettin myself ready for NS. huh? NS? i havent got my enlistment letter yet! I'm still waitin for the one from Al-Qaeda! hahahaha... Zeeshan n I joke bt tt all the time. as if we'll get called up by Al-Qaeda. besides, i'll prob get executed there coz of my insufficient belief in Islam.

wat am i sayin. feelin pretty fucked from chem prac tt's y. but next wk will b gd! my forte! phy prac. tt, u cant get it wrong unless u read stuff wrongly n all. its a potential full mark. really! so got one wk to do my chem, maths n some SAT II prep. SAT II seems rather quite straightforward. but tt's another thing for another day.

No comments: