Saturday, September 20, 2003

"I just wanna look at you
I just wanna look at you
There aint nothing wrong, no
There aint nothing wrong with that"


Alrite... was watchin Survivor Pearl Islands after I was done bloggin last nite n i muz say it was quite gd start compared to the rest. not tt i watched the rest wif much intent, but this had some unique touch to it. I think i might continue watchin this series. I dun really get wat all these reality fuss is abt over Bachelor n Temptation Island, Amazin Race n stuff, but those r the duplicates, Survivor's the mother of all reality series. Haha, who am i to say such stuff.

Yea well, went to sleep, not watchin 'She's All That' since i've watched it b4 n i was really sleepy. Woke up next mornin, had to finish up couple of stuff b4 i went off for other stuff to b settled. Hardly a way to start relaxin the day after my prelims ended. I completed registration for SAT II papers, i'll b takin Writing, Maths IIC n Physics. Also signed up for University of Southern California pre-registration stuff. Wanted to get my TOEFL stuff done n over wit, but tt kinda was complicated. I was goin to a US Education fair later on in the day so i was gonna clarify whether it'll b needed since I'm a U.S. Permanent Resident n educated in a country where English was the preferred medium. Received a message from Denise later on, when she stumbled upon my blog n asked me y i had started it when i detest these stuff. Well, yea, in fact, i still do detest blogs in certain ways when ppl complain bt things n not do anythin at all in real life, juz bitchin abt but bein a no baller, or complainin bt their bf/gf on the blog n not sayin anythin to him/her n all. it makes urself look real dumb n all. i mean, for the gd bf case, ur're like invitin trouble. if u got a issue, talk it out! y muz u let it go on the net when u know ur partner reads it? U get wat i'm tryin to say? For me, its juz a personal reflection n personal outlet of diary. Besides, my friends can read wat i'm doin n all once i'm gone. So yea... This has continued for quite some time..

Yea, then had lunch, played some loud music to feel gd, then off my parents n i went first to Pan Pacific Hotel for the US Education Fair. Big name universities r not expected to b in these fairs, coz if theyre big n famous, they dont need to sell themselves to attract students, students will naturally come to them. so i didnt expect much, but there were two schools i heard of previously, which were Marquette University in cold cold Milwaukee, n one of the two dozen California State Us. Found out later on there was this other school which was gd, but it was Liberal Arts College n it was a Wesleyan school, which means it has strong religious affilation which can make me feel out of place at times. i know tt after comin to SA. So talked to ppl there, found out my application is gonna b so much easier with my U.S. Green Card, clarified certain stuff. Most ppl think u need v gd scores to go overseas. Or most think gettin 1400 for SAT I is minimum requirement. Well, dont b surprised seein this, but most of those schools in the fair today, their average student score was like, 900-1100? Seriously! Even the better one out of the lot was havin 540 to 650 for Verbal, n 520 to 640 for Maths. Tt's the Marquette one i'm talkin bt. So yea, ppl out there, dont b discouraged. N they do offer partial scholarships too. I was thinkin later on, i wouldnt mind schoolin in these institutions if they can grant me half to full scholarship, allow me to do double majors! I mean, wats there to lose? Its a v gd deal. Marc was there n he found a college tt he liked, n he applied for tt, so i guess he's happy tt he got one school tt he can really get into, doin wat he likes. I think his experience is gonna b quite interestin since he's doin photography. i'll definately wanna know how he's gonna b doin tt. It would b like a side interest for me, but he's gonna do it full time. So yea... gonna b interestin.

Went to the tailors for my fitting of the suit tt i was havin it done, tho the jackets not complete, it looks quite gd.

Went to Little India for a while since my mom wanted to eat.... i cant even remember or figure out the name. haha. They seemed to enjoy it. After tt, she went lookin for some sari, which i dunno how to figure out which is gd n which is not, etc etc. Deposited my dad's laundry for professional cleanin near Bukit Timah, n borrowed some DVDs to spend some time. I was havin this real urge to watch some foreign show, some italian or french. n indeed, i've got them. I got '8 Women' as well as 'Amelie.' Can finally watch those two! But i had to watch 'Angela's Ashes' coz i never finished watchin it durin GP. So started watchin, albeit from the start, now tt my parents too wanted to watch it. N boy, it was gd. It was really touchin n thought provocative for us whose lives never touch the inpoverished.

I hav this profound appreciation for these foreign, most of the time European movies. Most of these seem to reflect reality very well compared to our conventional american shows tt we've all come to love. I think it started with 'The Professional' and 'October Sky' as well as 'Finding Forrester.' They hav this nice touch n depth to their films n i've been watchin quite a lot since then. Movies like 'The Devil's Backbone,' 'Brotherhood of The Wolves,' 'Malena' n many more. I can exactly explain wat i feel about them, juz tt i find them more interestin to watch n analyse. I would definately wanna attent those Venice Film Awards jus to watch these occasionally considered dull, borin n draggy movies by the majority of movie goers. Not to me. Haha.

Kay, back to my weekend footie or mayb another DVD. Lemme enjoy till nightmare comes back to Malan Road come this Monday, if not, couple of days later.

No comments: